Friday, July 3, 2009

Does God Expect Us To Be Perfect?

I have been reading in the Old Testament lately
and in studing Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, and Joseph and their life stories, I am amazed at how imperfect they were.
Yet they all had a great and close relationships with the Lord their God.

I believe it was always initiated from God, not from them.
Why is it that We tend to go to God as a last resort not as a first choice?
We could save ourselves so much time and trouble if we would just give everything up to God in the first place.
Prayer saves time.

God loved them and Used them in spite of their imperfections.
And He Can and Will use Us Today, in spite of our imperfections.

God looks at our Heart More than He Looks at our Actions.

Does this excuse our actions? NO.

Romans 6: 1-2 What shall we say then? Shall we go on sinning so that grace may increase?
By no means! We died to sin, how can we live in it any longer?

But as we repent and ask for forgiveness, He does forgive and remembers our sin no more.

We might ask God today to Forgive Us, Restore Us, and Use Us.
Surrender our will to him.

2 Chronicles 7:14 if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land.

Remember He gave us a Free Will and we have used that Free Will to Destroy Ourselves.
If We Surrender that Will Back To God....
Just imagine Receiving All Of The Good He Has In Store For Us.

Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you, " declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

Praise the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment