Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Famine of God's Word

In Him, I Live and Move and Have My Being


I have been reading in the Old Testament.

Study from Amos, one of the Minor Prophets.
He prophesied during a time of prosperity in Israel.

Interesting….ever notice … when things are going great in our lives, we tend to forget that we need the Lord. We tend to forget where all of those blessings came from.
This is when we lean to our own self sufficiency and let sin creep into our life.

And Yes, I have been there….done that….As, I am sure you have too.

At first I may not even notice…but after a while, I began to feel guilty…the Lord speaks to my conscience…I may push His voice aside. It gets a little easier after a while. Then, first thing I know, I have let Sin Separate me from the Lord.

I don’t hear His Voice any more. Don’t feel comfort in Bible Study.
He stops revealing things to me.
I find it difficult to pray.
After All, How can I lift up Un-Holy hands to a Holy God?

Thank the Lord, I can not live without Him in my life….so I become pretty miserable.

But it is only After I Repent of whatever sin has led me away..that
I can feel the Lord’s presence again.

I experience a Famine of Hearing God’s Words Until I Do.




Amos 8:11
“Behold the days are coming” says the Lord God,
“That I will send a famine on the land.
Not a famine of bread,
Nor a famine for water,
But of hearing the words of the Lord.

They shall wander from sea to sea,
And from north to east:
They shall run to and fro, seeking the
Word of the Lord,
But shall not find it”

I have read the Bible many times and studied…but I do not remember this verse.
It really touched my heart.
It is interesting how God reveals to us at just the right time.

I feel I am approaching sin in my life. This time God has warned me ahead of time. He Will Send Famine.

No comments:

Post a Comment