Thursday, January 7, 2010

A Parents Advice to Children

Just reading this morning in Kings 2:1-3

2:1 Now the days of David drew nigh that he should die; and he charged Solomon
his son, saying,
2:2 I go the way of all the earth: be thou strong therefore, and show thyself a
man;
2:3 And keep the charge of the LORD thy God, to walk in His ways, to keep His
statutes, and His commandments, and His judgments, and His testimonies, as it
is written in the law of Moses, that thou mayest Prosper in all that thou
doest, and whithersoever thou turnest thyself:

What Great Advice, given from any parent to their child.
Just as important now as it was then.
Of all the things David could have shared with Solomon......Pay attention to the Lord, Walk in His Ways, Keep your Heart in tune with the Lord.
David was described by God Himself..... As a Man after God's Own Hearth.

If I could ask for any description, it would be to be known as a "Woman After God's Own Heart".

An If I Can "Leave" Anything To My Daughter, It Would Be To Have A "TRIPLE Portion Of My Faith".

3 comments:

  1. Good to see you with a blog. I have been doing mine since last September. I have been posting every day with a variety of topics and on Sundays I do a Bible study post.

    Good luck with your blogging experience. Next time I'm in Gatlinburg I'll try to stop by your store. I will add my name to your list of followers and I hope you will check out my blog. Yesterday I just reached my 100th follower.

    I was studying a lot about Solomon and David over the past year. Solomon was considered to be the wisest man, but still he screwed up big time. But he left us a lot to think about and live by.

    Lee
    http://tossingitout.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have been studying Ruth and Naomi in Sunday School. One of the insights is that Ruth wasn't a Christian when she married Naomi's son. Yet because of the way Naomi lived her life and her faith, Ruth wanted to make Naomi's God her God. So I understand what you been about leaving faith to your daughter. You know Lee? I enjoy his posts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hoping for more posts soon! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete