Friday, February 12, 2010

Tithing and Giving

Tithing and Giving.

EVERYTHING BELONGS TO GOD

So, basically, we are just giving God back a small portion of what He has already given us.

I have been reading in Malachi

I am sure we are all familiar with the verse

Malachi 3:10 Bring all the tithes into the storehouse, That there may be Food in My house,
And TRY ME NOW IN THIS, Says the Lord of hosts, If I will not Open for You the Windows of Heaven and Pour Out For You Such Blessing that there will Not Be Room Enough to Receive It.

All I can say is WOW.

I believe that this is the only verse in the Bible where God just tells us…
To Go ahead and test Him. He says “Prove Me”

It’s is like a kid saying “Go Ahead…I Dare You”

God Know that He will Keep His Word. Do We?
Big question for some.
I like what Dr Charles Staley says. That doubt is a subtle form of unbelief.

And We are to Give Him our Firstfruits. Give Him our Best.

Funny thought just came to me. I will only purchase Extra Virgin, First Cold Pressed, Olive Oil.
Sure the 100% is pure olive oil, But it comes from cooking down what is left after the olive is first squeezed, cold pressed. This is the Best.


This is what the children of Israel were doing. Giving God the left overs.
Their offerings were sick animals that were going to die anyway.
So they were not really giving God anything.

And what is interesting, God had just rescued Israel from Egypt, they had been doing well, and this is when they drifted back into evil.
Why is it that we don’t feel like we need God when we are doing well?
And God will surely let us come to the point of need, just to Bring Us Back to Him.

We should just go to God As A First Choice, Not As A Last Resort.

And it says we should give joyfully.
I also think we should give expectantly.

I made a decision, something that I believe the Lord put on my heart.
I am increasing my tithe 4 times.
I am giving to my increase.
Now as soon as I felt led to do this and made my decision, satan Attacked me. All this past week he is telling me how I cannot do this.
He has filled me with doubt. But this I know. I can Not out give God.

I am not sharing this to sound big. My increase would be nothing to many of you. I am sharing it as a statement for myself.
When we actually write something down. We are more likely to stick to it.


Also the Word of God teaches us that our Body is a Temple and we need to present it pure to the Lord. How can I lift up Up-Holy hands to the Lord and ask for God’s Blessings?
This is what the children of Israel were doing. Offering up un-holy sacrifices while asking for God’s Blessings.

And God told them that they were Robbing Him.

If We Want God to be Closer to Us…. We Must Come Closer to Him.
Malachi 5:7 “Return to Me and I will Return to You” Says God


Another of God’s Promises….
Malachi 3:11 “And I will Rebuke the Devourer for Your Sakes, So that he will Not Destroy the Fruit of Your Ground. Nor shall the vine fail to Bear Fruit for you in the field,” says the Lord of Hosts.

3:11. “And all the nations will Call You Blessed, for you will Be A Delightful Land.” Says the Lord of Hosts.

Sure we all want this… for the Lord to protect us from the evil of this world, to make us prosperous, for our labor to yield fruit.
And People to See that We Are Blessed…AND THAT THE BLESSINGS COME FROM THE LORD. GIVE GOD THE CREDIT.

I AM NOT A PROSPERITY PREACHER. WELL, MAYBE I AM.
Deut. 8:19 “Remember the Lord….for it is He that giveth thee power to get wealth.”

I Do Know This…..The Lord Blesses His Own.
He Sent His Only Son To Die For Us On The Cross….
And If God Never Did Anything Else For Us. That Is Enough.




.

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm-I've been trying to do this, but I'm in a quandary this pay check. If I do my tithe, I won't have enough to pay my bills. What now? This keeps coming up. How do I pay my bills?

    ReplyDelete