Wednesday, February 17, 2010

God Protects And Provides For His Own

My Bible study this morning was in 2 Kings,

From each study, I like to pick out certain verses that really speak to my heart.

2Kings, 17:39 “But the Lord your God you shall fear; and He will deliver you from the hand of all your enemies.”

There are many words in this verse that people could pick out; like God...…Deliver.......Enemies

Two small words struck me.
{and}……..the Lord your God you shall fear {and} meaning, If we fear Him, He will Deliver. {because } we fear Him, He will deliver.
When we put God first, He puts us first.

Remember, if we want God to come closer to us, we must come closer to Him.

The other word {fear} having an awesome respect for. Not meaning to be afraid of. Putting God First in our Hearths and Lives.



2 Kings 19: 14 And Hezekiah received the letter from the hand of the messengers, and read it: and Hezekiah went up to the house of the Lord, and spread it before the Lord

I wonder….what is the first thing we do when we get bad news. Fret, Get Discouraged????? Have a pity Party????

Hezekiah read… and took his papers to the Lord…. and Spread them out…….and he Prayed.

Have we ever spread out our Bills before the Lord and Prayed?
Remember, all we have belongs to the Lord…so our problems are His problems.

Personal Testimony:
I remember once when my air conditioner in the shop quit working.
I threw my hands up to the Lord and looked up to Him, and said….
“Lord, Your air conditioner quit”

I called the man to come and fix it.
I prayed to the Lord….that it would not be expensive.
The man came and climbed up on my roof….stayed for a little while…
Came back down and said. I turned it back on…..it is working…..I do not find anything wrong.

I shared with him what I had done.
My witness to God’s provision.

Well, now the Lord’s rent is due.

That is His too.

Will let you know How He Provides.

2 Kings 19: 20 “Thus says the Lord God of Israel: Because you have prayed to Me {against Sennacherib, King of Assyria,} I have heard”

No comments:

Post a Comment